Upgrade your longboard. Wheel Shields keep skaters dry on wet roads, end wheel bite, let riders invent new tricks and more.
Wheel Shields are a longboard accessory with 6 powerful features:
1. Splash Protection. Typically when skating on wet roads, your wheels will fling dirty water all over your clothes. Wheel Shields act similar to a mud flap and keep you dry. Your longboard is now a versatile all-weather transportation vehicle.
2. Wheel bite elimination. Wheel bite occurs during a hard turn when the bottom of the board hits the top of the wheel. By creating a barrier around each wheel, Wheel Shields eliminate wheel bite and allow wheels to rotate freely.
3. New tricks. Wheel Shields also allow riders to stand directly on top of their wheels, opening up all sorts of new trick possibilities. Each Wheel Shield can support up to 1500 pounds. You can invent brand new manuals, colemans and dances with Wheel Shields!
4. Longer bearing life. Wheel Shields fit snugly against the outer bearing of each wheel, without creating additional friction. This keeps water from entering the bearing, protecting it from rust and increasing usable life.
5. End shoe bite. You'll no longer accidentally step on your wheels, which can happen while doing new tricks or plain not paying attention.
6. Prevent locking wheels. If you're into downhill skating, you'll no longer lock wheels with other riders. Their wheels will lock against yours, but your wheels will keep rotating because they are protected by Wheel Shields, giving you the confidence to skate tighter lines around the opposition.
"Wheel Shields are brilliant. Hands down the biggest innovation in longboarding. I wish I had Wheel Shields when I skated around the world. Wheel Shields have changed the longboard transportation paradigm forever. They are an elegant solution to a frustrating problem."
- Rob Thomson, Guinness World Record for Longest Distance on a Skateboard (7,500 miles)
Read Rob's first impressions of Wheel Shields
Wheel Shields work universally with almost any longboard.
Wheel Shields attach to the end of each truck axle and are mounted using our custom nut setup to ensure they stay firmly in place. Almost all trucks are compatible with the custom nuts except Churchill RKPs, which have a non-standard thread count on the axle.
A set of 4 Wheel Shields weighs a little over 1 pound. We prototyped Wheel Shields with nylon, but found that plastics don’t stand up to the chaotic intensity of longboarding. We’ve opted for aircraft aluminum because of its amazing strength and lightweight properties.